1. Mike Helton -- How far over the line did Matt Kenseth go? The decision by NASCAR's vice chairman and senior racing official will set a precedent within the context of the current Chase for the Sprint Cup format.
2. Matt Kenseth -- He might have cost Joey Logano the Cup championship. And, himself, the rest of the season.
3. Jeff Gordon -- The Drive for 5 is alive. Gordon will start his last Cup race with a shot at his fifth championship.
4. Eddie Gossage -- How far will the Texas Motor Speedway president go in using the Logano-Kenseth wreck to sell tickets?
5. Antron Brown -- Clinches his second NHRA Mello Yello series Top Fuel championship.
6. Erica Enders -- Her ninth Pro Stock victory of the season locks-up her second consecutive championship in NHRA's most-troubled class.
7. Jay Frye and Bryan Sperber -- IndyCar's chief revenue officer and Phoenix International Raceway's president rely on a 20-year friendship to bring the series back to the Arizona oval for the first time in a decade.
10. Bob Pockrass -- Three races to go in the Cup season and ESPN.com's hard-working NASCAR writer will help shape what the public thinks about it.
[ more next week . . . ]