1. Kyle Busch and Joe Gibbs -- Sprint Cup champion driver and team owner take the head table and media spotlight at NASCAR's awards activities in Las Vegas.
3. Brian France -- NASCAR CEO needs to improve on his public presentation after flubbing it on the post-race stage at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr. -- Is anyone betting against his winning a 13th consecutive Most Popular Driver award?
5. David Wilson -- Yes, Chevrolet won the Cup series manufacturers title, but Toyota Racing Development president will help lead the cheers for Kyle Busch and Joe Gibbs as the automaker salutes its first-ever Cup champions.
6. Tracy Hines -- Closes out his full-time USAC career with a sixth place in the Turkey Night Grand Prix, good for the USAC national midget championship.
7. Fernando Alonso -- Will he drive next season if the McLaren-Honda package is again way-off-the-pace? McLaren boss Ron Dennis seems to have opened the door to that possibility.
8. Steve Phelps -- Las Vegas provides a great selling stage for NASCAR's chief marketing officer.
9. Richard Petty -- Has a seat open with his No. 9 Cup series Ford. Who will get it?
10. John Force -- Signs a multi-year full-season sponsorship with Peak after piecing together a variety of IDs during the 2015 NHRA Funny Car campaign.
[ more next week . . . ]