1. Darrell Waltrip -- His Talladega calls -- ''You're second guessing a guy who's second guessing a guy"; "I've never seen anything like this"; "I don't know how to explain this" -- perfectly reflected the Sprint Cup race's mayhem.
3. Mark Miles -- How will IndyCar's CEO deal with the embarrassment of the canceled Boston street race?
4. Nico Rosberg -- Russia was his fourth consecutive Formula One victory this season for Mercedes and historic seventh straight going back to last season. Lewis who?
5. Courtney Force -- After a winless 2015 NHRA's most marketable athlete gets a much-needed Funny Car win and leads the class standings -- as sister Brittany does in Top Fuel.
6. Ed Bennett and Scott Atherton -- Chairman and president, respectively, of U.S. sports car racing close to issuing a "Future Strategies" memo. That should rearrange a series that has too many classes, the cost of participation is too high given the available return, and has no drivers known to the general public. So far, the much desired unification of ALMS and Grand-Am has been a significant disappointment.
[ more next week . . . ]