Thursday, May 25, 2017

LINDA VAUGHN STATEMENT ON HER HEALTH & MISSING INDY 500

STATEMENT FROM LINDA VAUGHN, MISS HURST GOLDEN SHIFTER,  ON MISSING INDIANAPOLIS 500 FOR FIRST TIME IN OVER A HALF-CENTURY DUE TO ILLNESS:

     "I am so sorry to tell my racing family and wonderful fans that, due to illness, I will not be at Sunday's Indy 500. This is the first time I will miss the race in 55 years. I have so many great memories of the Speedway, especially the Hurst Oldsmobile pace car programs I did with James Garner, and it saddens me not to be there for more memories. Thanks to everyone who has been in touch with me, especially my best friend Nancy George, who came to California to be with me in the hospital. I will miss you all. May the Racing Angels be the wind  beneath your wings. God Speed."