Sunday, November 03, 2013

NASCAR IN THE VALLEY

Other life priorities means just a reminder Mark Armijo and I will have full coverage of NASCAR in Phoenix this week in the Arizona Republic and AzCentral.com . Here's a link to my Sunday story on why fans are fans:
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/speed/articles/20131031reasons-vary-each-nascar-fans-favorite.html

Mark and I will be in the paper daily starting Tuesday with features and my notebooks. See my notebook Tuesday for reaction to the latest Brad Keselowski controversy -- and why Phoenix International Raceway isn't on the 2014 IndyCar schedule. (You just might be surprised.) Later in the week I'll have updates on Tony Stewart and changes coming to the Gen-6 car and a Thursday feature on Jeff Burton. He'll hit a historical milestone at PIR. By the way, PIR's grandstands are again sold-out for Sunday's AdvoCare 500.

Follow me on Twitter -- @SpinDoctor500 -- for other updates and news alerts. There will be some announcements of interest and (hint) I'm pursuing a few other stories.

[ more next Monday . . . ]