Thursday, June 04, 2009

FORCE: NO DALE JR.-TYPE CHANGES COMING

John Force hasn't won a Funny Car race in more than a year, but he told me Wednesday night on the debut of The Race Reporters that a Dale Earnhardt Jr.-type crew chief change isn't coming.

“No, I wouldn’t even consider it,” the 14-time champion said on the PowerUpChannel. “Number one, if I tried it, (crew chief) Austin Coil would just write a book about me and he’d make a lot of money. Coil and I have been together for more than 25 years. We struggled the first years and then we went on to win championships. But, yes, we are struggling right now.”

Force continued: “I will not (make a) change. I’ve seen that happen and the crew chief you let go comes back and beats you.”

Listen to the show at: http://va.radiopilot.net/voiceamerica/vepisode.aspx?aid=38880