2. Kevin Harvick -- Wins a "must win" race, at Dover, to advance in the Chase and re-establish himself as the championship favorite.
3. Jimmie Johnson -- Now eliminated from title contention after just one round -- a true shocker -- with seven Cup races to go will the six-time champion be the most significant championship "spoiler" in modern sports history?
4. Anton Brown -- Top Fuel's Top Gun becomes the first driver to win the first three NHRA Countdown races under the present format.
7. Jim Utter -- Has been hitting 'em over the fence for Motorsport.com since coming over from the Charlotte Observer. Broke the Tony Stewart retiring-from-Cup story.
8. Gene Haas -- Signs a podium-caliber driver in Romain Grosjeanx for his Formula One team.
9. Sarah Fisher -- Re-signs two-time IndyCar race winner Josef Newgarden for 2016 season.
10. Scott Atherton -- United SportsCar Series president reveals details of IMSA's new "Daytona Prototype International" class for 2017.
[ more next week . . . ]